DJED SPENCE: I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING AT ELLAND ROAD - Leedsunited.com 30/8/23


Leeds United have confirmed the signing of Djed Spence, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur for the remainder of the 2023/24 campaign.

The 23-year-old full-back becomes the sixth arrival of the summer transfer window for Daniel Farke’s side.

Speaking exclusively to LUTV after joining the Whites, Spence gave his thoughts on the move.

He said: “It’s good to be here and I can’t wait to get started.

“It’s a big club, obviously there’s a good squad and there is ambition at the club to get back to the Premier League.

“I just want to get playing again. There’s a good manager here, I’ve heard a lot about him and way he wants to play attacking football. I think that will suit my style of football.

"I’ve spoken to him [Daniel Farke] and he’s orchestrated in the way he wants to play, it sounded good and for me it was the right decision."

Spence joins fellow Spurs loanee Joe Rodon at the club, and he could now make his debut against Sheffield Wednesday in a Yorkshire derby at Elland Road this weekend.

“Yeah, I know Joe from my parent club [Tottenham Hotspur] and from when I was out on loan last season [at Rennes, in Ligue 1],” the full-back explained.

“It’s good to have a him in the building as well, someone that I know.

“It’s just exciting now to join the team and hopefully I can impress everyone here.

“I’m looking forward to playing at Elland Road, I’ve heard a lot about the fans. They are meant to be very loud.

“We want to win as many games as we can now.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23