GEORGINIO RUTTER: I’VE WAITED FOR THIS GOAL FOR A LONG TIME - Leedsunited.com 26/8/23


Leeds United forward Georginio Rutter spoke exclusively to LUTV following Saturday’s victory over Ipswich Town.

The Frenchman scored his first goal for the club in the 4-3 victory at Portman Road to help the Whites record a first league win of the season.

The 21-year-old spoke of his delight at helping the team to victory and himself and the side can now keep going in the same manner.

“I’ve waited for this goal for a long time,” said Rutter.

“I’m happy and everybody is happy for me too, I think the fans and of course it is good for the confidence.

“This is the first goal and I hope to score more goals for the team and the club.

“It’s a pleasure for me, before it was complicated, but now I hope to come into my own.

“It was a good performance from the team overall and I hope we can continue this in the next game.

“Four goals is good for the confidence of the team, but we also need to work more, because we conceded three goals.”

Rutter also spoke about new signing Joel Piroe who scored a debut goal, having lined up alongside him for the first time against Ipswich.

He said: “I didn’t know him before and now I see a good player.

“I liked playing with him and I think we are a good duo.

“It was a good start and hopefully with more training, it will get even better.”

Farke gave his assessment of the game and had praise for the Whites attack.

“When you have a difficult start and difficult time, the first win is never easy, sometimes it is a bit wild and you have to dig in,” said Farke.

“It was a bit of a crazy game, but I think we deserved to win, it’s good to be off the mark in the league and to collect a precious three points.

“I was really happy with our offensive firepower in the first half, we scored three goals against a side who have conceded just one goal in four competitive matches.

“They played with confidence, you could feel this and there were many good offensive movements.

“I wasn’t particularly happy with our work against the ball, I think at times we were a little too soft if I’m honest.

“We were a bit unlucky conceding more or less two own goals, but it was a hard fought win and we dug in and showed togetherness and spirit.

“We scored our fourth goal and could and should have perhaps scored one or two more.

“In the final second we conceded one more, so the game was a little wild, but overall I thought it was a deserved win.

“To bring a new player in, after only one training session is always a strange decision, but I had a good feeling.

Farke also spoke about the decision to start new signing Joel Piroe, with the striker joining the club just two days ahead of the game.

Farke said: “Joel made a really good impression on Friday in training, he looked really sharp.

“He knows the league inside out and has dominated with many goals in the last two years and has also played three competitive games over 90 minutes.

“It’s always a bit tricky when he doesn’t know each and every player and each and every movement, but with an offensive player you can take a risk.

“Thankfully it paid off with a good performance with a goal and in the end three points.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23