Coaching is my passion - Leeds United coach David Hockaday - New coach outlines his intentions…

leedsunited.com 20/6/14
New head coach David Hockaday says that coaching is his passion and that he can’t wait to start work at United after his role at the club was confirmed on Thursday.
The experienced coach put pen-to-paper on a two-year contract and admits to being given an “unbelievable opportunity” at United.
“I’m excited and ready to start work ,” said United’s new head coach. “I’m a very experienced coach and I spent over 20 years as a player.
“At the end of the day I have been given this unbelievable opportunity and I intend to take it with both hands.
“My remit is purely the players, everything that happens on the training pitch and everything that happens on the football pitch. That is it, it is as simple as that.
“That suits me because I am a coach. Coaching is my passion, it is my drive and it is what makes me tick.”
United’s new head coach says that improvement on the pitch is the main aim for him and club President Massimo Cellino.
“The President is here to take the pressure off my back, those are his words,” added David. “He is here to run everything and I am here to look after the players and the team.
“No pressure is going to be applied on me but I obviously want to win every game. That is inbred in me.
“No targets have been set other than we have to improve. We want to play a certain way. We want it to be attractive football but we want it to be winning football.”
United’s new coaching team have already spoken with the President about players arriving at the club and says the current squad will all have the opportunity to show their worth.
“I have already talked to the President about a number of players in a number of positions that we have identified we need to strengthen,” explained Hockaday. “Everybody at the club will be given their opportunity.
“I am looking forward to meeting the players and I am looking forward to seeing the hunger in their eyes.
“Everything I believe in and everything the President believe in is having people at the club who are hungry and have a great work ethic. If they haven’t got that this is the wrong place for them.
“The fans need to get behind the team. We will give them everything. The team will be hungry and will have a great work ethic.
“I don’t want any opposing team to out work us, I don’t want any team to be hungrier than us and I don’t want any team to come to Elland Road wanting to win more than us.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23