Redders raring to go - New head coach says exciting teams are ahead at United

leedsunited.com 1/11/14
Neil Redfearn has spoken of his delight and says he is “raring to go” after being appointed as United’s head coach on a permanent basis.
The 49-year-old takes his side to Cardiff City on Saturday after penning a one-year rolling contract at Elland Road.
Redfearn originally joined the club’s academy in 2009 and has already enjoyed a successful caretaker spell earlier this season.
He now leaves his role as Academy manager and head of coaching , but believes he can help bring the club’s youngsters closer to the first team because of his links.
"I’m pleased, I’m raring to go and I really want to make a good fist of this," said Redfearn.
"It’s a time when the club needs putting back on track.
"It’s exciting times for the club, I still believe that.
"There’s all these young players that want to work underneath and it gives us the chance now to put things together and draw things closer to one another at the football club – bringing the Academy closer to the first team and we can really kick on.
"I’ve got myself in a good position. I’ve established the Academy and got it where it should be and I want to be part of that going forward and make it a benefit for the first team for years to come.
"I’ve been here six years now and seen these players come through and the young players that are part of our set up."
Redfearn has helped nurture the likes of Sam Byram, Lewis Cook and Alex Mowatt, who have all made the step up to the senior squad and are first-team regulars this season.
"It’s a real proud experience when you see kids who you’ve had through the age groups pulling the white shirt on," he said.
"It’s a great feeling.
"I’ve got the chance now to guide them – in charge of the first team – which is even better. I know the club like the back of my hand so it gives me a bit of an advantage.
"It’s the right time and I think it’s the right time for the football club with regards to the young players. It’ll bring the academy closer to the first team, definitely."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23