Daniel James makes Leeds United exit claim and insists he has no regrets over Fulham move - Yorkshire Post 19/11/22


Daniel James insists he has no regrets over his exit from Leeds United on deadline day as he aims to make an impact for Wales at the Qatar World Cup this month.

By Ben McKenna

The winger joined Fulham on loan on September 1 having made 40 appearances for Leeds in all competitions, scoring four goals, following his move from Manchester United in the summer of 2021.

James has played eight times for the Cottagers since his switch to West London and scored his first goal for the club in the 2-1 loss to Man United in the final Premier League match until December 26.

Ahead of moving to Fulham, James admitted he had concerns over his game-time at Elland Road and was keen to make sure he would be involved with Wales in Qatar. He said it was “tough” leaving Leeds but feels he made the correct decision in joining Fulham.

"It's one of the pinnacles of my career," James told Wales Online about his involvement with his country in Qatar. "I wanted to play games and be fit coming into the tournament. It was always on my mind.

"I was there for a season (at Leeds) and really enjoyed it. I loved the place and my family loved it there. It was tough (to leave), it was deadline day and it was last minute.

"I was thinking about the World Cup and maybe I was going to get more game-time. That was always on my mind. I've never thought since that I've made the wrong decision. I still believe I made the right one.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23