Leedsunited.com 22/7/21 LEWIS BATE: I'M DELIGHTED TO HAVE FINALLY SIGNED

Midfielder chats after signing for the Whites.

Lewis Bate has completed his move from Premier League side Chelsea, joining Leeds United on a three-year contract.

The highly-rated midfielder had plenty of options this summer, but chose to join the Whites as he feels the club is best suited to his style of play.

“It’s a great feeling,” Bate told LUTV after signing his contract.

“I'm delighted to have finally signed, it’s taken its time but I am glad to be here now. 

“It’s a huge club with a big fan base that is wanting to succeed.”

The 18-year-old captained his former club in the 2020 FA Youth Cup final and has also represented England at both Under-17 and Under-18 level.

Bate was asked about what the fans can expect to see from him as a player, and what he expects from the style of football he is now going to be playing.

He explained: “I am fast, as in how quick I think when the ball comes to me.

“I am a good passer I would say, and I like to get stuck in to put other teams under pressure.

“The way Leeds play on the ball is sharp, looking to get the ball forward as quickly as possible, and teams can’t handle that.

“I know how big the club is and I know how they play football. I know Marcelo Bielsa’s methodology and how he wants to play, and I think it suits my game.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23