Inside Futbol 31/7/21 Last Season At Leeds United I Was Not Happy – Pablo Hernandez


Pablo Hernandez has conceded that his time at Leeds United will remain the most memorable years of his career, but admitted that he did not like the way it ended for him at Elland Road.

Hernandez spent six years at Leeds and played a major role in helping the Whites back to the Premier League in the 2019/20 season.

However, in his last season at Leeds, the Spaniard became a peripheral figure and was only used sparsely as Marcelo Bielsa moved on to younger players to replace the 36-year-old.

He admitted that while he played in the Champions League with Valencia, his years at Leeds will remain the most memorable of his career and getting them back to the Premier League will remain special.

However, the Spaniard conceded that the last six months of his time at Leeds were difficult as he was used to playing regularly and admitted that he was not happy towards the end at Elland Road.

“I played good football at Valencia, in the Champions League, and in that time I went to the national team”, the Spaniard told The Athletic.

“But the years at Leeds, with the goals and the assists, they’re the best statistics of my career. There’s no argument.

“And promotion to the Premier League, it was the best feeling of my life.

“But last season was a difficult moment. I’d never lived through that situation before.

“In my career, I’ve always played; more or less, of course, but I’ve always felt important and involved, playing with regularity.

“Last season was different, not what I know. It didn’t make me happy.”

Hernandez joined his boyhood club CD Castellon in the third tier of Spanish football this summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23