Sheffield United: Blades contemplate Hall talks

Sheffield Star 12/10/13
by James Shield
Sheffield United have yet to open talks with Leeds aimed at extending Ryan Hall’s loan, David Weir confirmed before parting company with Bramall Lane last night.
Hall’s temporary agreement with the South Yorkshire club is scheduled to expire following tomorrow’s League One fixture with Coventry City.
But Weir, despite refusing to rule-out the possibility of retaining the winger’s services, insisted the visit to Sixfields Stadium has been top priority at the Redtooth Academy this week.
“We’ve not held any talks about Ryan yet,” the former United manager, speaking before learning of his exit, said. “That’s something we can look at doing after the match itself.
“Until then, we are just concentrating on one thing. And that’s the game itself.”
Hall, aged 25, has made three appearances for United since making his debut against Preston North End last month.
Previously of Crystal Palace and Southend, the Londoner has spoken openly about remaining with Weir’s squad after acknowledging he faces an uncertain future at Elland Road.
United’s neighbours Rotherham also approached Leeds about the possibility of acquiring Hall’s services before he opted for Bramall Lane instead.
“I haven’t had a shot under Brian McDermott,” Hall said recently. “He has come in, and I just haven’t had no game-time.
“Warnock brought me in, I played a few games – obviously I didn’t play as much as I expected – then Brian McDermott came in and that was it.
“The manager said to me I was a bit down the pecking order at Leeds. He’s got Ross McCormack in front of me, El-Hadji Diouf who is not playing, so he said ‘I advise you to go out and get some games’.
“A few clubs came in, but I didn’t think it was right, but then Sheffield United came in and I thought yes, I will go here.
“It’s just the size of the club, it’s a massive club and shouldn’t be in the situation it is. I thought I would come here and see if I can do something to help the club.
“If I do well here, something might come of it. Hopefully I get to stay on.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23