I Can See Land, But I Can’t Help Being Troublemaker – Leeds Owner Massimo Cellino

Inside Futbol 19/5/14
New Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has admitted that he is a "troublemaker" but insists all that he does is in good faith, while he believes progress is being made at Elland Road under his leadership.
Cellino is closing on selling his other club in football, Serie A side Cagliari, as he seeks to focus on Leeds and put into place his plan to lead the Yorkshire giants to promotion to the Premier League within the next two years.
The Italian has had to grapple with financial issues at Elland Road, with the club believed to be losing close to £1m per month.
However, Cellino has cut an optimistic figure and feels he can see a route out of Leeds' troubles, with the Italian businessman comparing the situation with a sailor at sea looking for land.
"The last two to three days I start to see a little bit of light", he told LUTV.
"It's like when you're sailing in the sea and you don't know where you're going. Until one week ago I was going in one direction and another. I was getting crazy and then last week I knew that the land is there, and I have to keep the duration and we'll get there."
Cellino then explained the path he chooses may be tough, but will ultimately be in the club's long-term interests. The Italian also asked for forgiveness in advance for any mistakes he may make, dubbing himself a "troublemaker".
"Don't misunderstand me, I'm talking about the way that we have to take.
"If you go the easy way, the downhill way, you get somewhere that seems good, but is not important. When you go the [other] way it's going to be hard, but when you get there you get something very important, and something very big.
"I choose the uphill way because I'm stange and not normal. I'm always looking for trouble, I'm a troublemaker.
"I'm always looking for trouble like when I was a kid and I've not changed unfortunately. Sorry for that, I must apologise publicly because I know that I'm a troublemaker, but I'm a troublemaker in a good way.
"That's my character. I ask that people excuse me for that, try to understand me; everything I do, I do in good faith."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23