Cellino pledges Leeds United fans will no longer be ripped off

Football League World 18/7/14
BY WILL MATTHEWS
Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has pledged to the fans of the club that they will no longer be ripped off according to reports in the Daily Mirror.
Cellino has said that the club was in disarray with daily running costs of £125,000 when he took over the club, and that the best interests of the club were never put first.This club is going to have more quiet time and fewer problems now,” said Leeds’ owner. “And the people who used to rip the club off, they’re going to stop. I’ll protect the club from everyone – including myself.”
“For the first time in 12 years, this club wants to go to the Premier League, but it doesn’t need to go to the Premier League, that’s my message. We might have to suffer a little bit, but in my life I never saw anything good or important without hard work.
“We have to work hard and face pain to get to the Premier League, but we don’t need to go there to pay wages or debts. We’re not plagued with that desperation. The debts are paid, or they’re going to be paid.”
Cellino also disclosed that he is still annoyed with Ross McCormack, but was looking on the bright side that the money will help the club buy back Elland Road.
“I’m still p*ed off about McCormack,” he said. “If I was working just for Massimo Cellino, believe me, I would not have sold for one billion pounds.
“For a while I was keeping him for my satisfaction, to show him I was stronger than him. Then someone asked me ‘are you not selling him for the good of Leeds or just to show that you’re stronger than him?’.
“I had to do what was right for Leeds. So I told Fulham ‘OK, you say £10million, I say £11million’. And we sold him.”
“If we have a mortgage, instead of paying £1.6million-a-year in rent, we pay £600,000 on the mortgage,” he explained.
“By November, we’ll buy the stadium. If we have to pay cash, then we will. The money is there. I’d prefer to pay cash. Because I’m Leeds, Leeds, Leeds.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23