Boss pleased with home draw

leedsunited.com 17/6/13
Brian McDermott's thoughts on Capital One Cup tie…
Early on Monday morning the draw for the Capital One Cup was made with United being handed a home tie against Chesterfield.
United haven't played a competitive match against Chesterfield for over 50 years now and the boss says it will be a great occasion at Elland Road.
"I'm pleased for a number of reasons," said Brian. "I've just been told that we haven't played them since 1960 so it will be great to play them.
"It's a local game for us and any time you are in a cup draw you want to be drawn at home so we're pleased about that.
"My priority is the next game, that's how I see things.
"If the next game is a cup game we'll try and win it and if it's a league game we'll try and win that one, it's very simple as far as I'm concerned."
The manager's summer break away from Thorp Arch is coming to an end and the announcement of United's Capital One Cup opponents excites the boss and he's ready to return to action.
"From my own point of view I'll be back full time on Wednesday, so it does come round quickly," said McDermott.
"I've been to a couple of weddings over in Ireland and had a really nice time but I'm really looking forward to getting back now and I'm ready to get cracking."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23