The Wright Stuff

Jermaine Wright has explained his decision to quit Ipswich Town for Leeds and says that he wanted a new challenge, and he likes the look of Leeds United.
Wright, who had been with The Tractor Boys for five years making 221 appearances and scoring five goals also helped Ipswich reach the play-offs last season. But he says that the time is right to move on.
"Having spent the last five years at Ipswich I just felt it was time for a new challenge really. Ipswich are a lovely club and I have made a lot of friends over the years, but I am now focussed on the challenge that lies ahead."
Jermaine who has also played for Millwall, Wolves and Crewe felt the challenge posted by United boss Kevin Blackwell was too good an opportunity to pass up, as he explains:
"Although there was interest from Premiership clubs, as soon as I saw the set-up at Leeds and spoke to the manager, I decided that this was where I wanted to play my football. Leeds are a huge club and I cannot wait to try and help them back into the Premiership."
Jermaine has already had experience of the Premiership. From 2000-2002 Ipswich were in the top flight and Wright fits the criteria that Blackwell is looking for in all his new signings.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23