Happy 80th Birthday Howard Wilkinson

However much Wilkinson owed to Leeds and Silver, one thing is certain. Few other men could have matched his achievements in those golden years at Elland Road, could have turned round an oil tanker in such dramatic fashion, could have built such camaraderie and team spirit, could have developed such a conveyor belt of young talent, could have invested as wisely as he did, could have delivered such wonderful memories.

Wilkinson deserves a thousand thanks for what he did for Leeds United.

‘I have a really nice feeling when I think about my time there, recognising that I’m amongst people who actually recognise my part, the part I’m playing, don’t just take me for granted.’

This humble man then added, ‘I’m not sure anyone will remember yours truly, a lot of water has passed under the bridge in the last 25 years.’

There has, indeed, been an awful lot of water, but what a bridge was built by Howard Wilkinson, one of English football’s greatest ever managers!



Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23