“Hopefully” – Joe Rodon discusses Leeds United transfer decision with “massive club” admission — Leeds All Over 14/11/23


Kris Smith

Leeds United centre-back Joe Rodon has shared his thoughts on moving to the club in the summer, revealing his delight at being somewhere he feels totally welcome and appreciated.

The Whites are looking definitely like a better side than the one that was dumped out of the Premier League disgraced back in May.

A win over Plymouth Argyle matched meant Leeds matched their points tally from 22/23 in November, of course in a division lower, but with a much better mood around the place and relative success far more likely.

Perhaps summing up how life is going for Rodon at the moment was a brilliant moment late in the win over Plymouth, blocking a chance towards the by-line in front of the South Stand and winning a goal kick in the process, to which he celebrated like it was a winning goal:

Passion and performances. 🤩

Joe Rodon is really that guy. 🧱🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 #LUFC #LeedsUnited pic.twitter.com/xdQqwQjZfD

— Zovic (@LufcZovic) November 13, 2023

He’s joined a club where he has instantly become a vital cog, having been surplus to requirements at Spurs for some time.

Rodon spoke to the YEP about his move to Leeds, and how he’s felt since, working under Daniel Farke at Elland Road:

“Since the first day I walked through the doors he’s incredible and he made me feel right at home and settle in very quickly, not just the boss but his people as well.

“And even the group, even the people at Leeds, everyone involved with the club, have helped me settle in very well and I can’t thank them enough. I’ve had meetings against the boss over the years and I know exactly what style he likes to play, and it suits me down to the ground.

“I think the standards he demands of us every day are exceptional and important and hopefully we can have a successful season and carry on.”

The atmosphere at Elland Road this season has been much more buoyant than last term when fans were more or less expecting defeats – the tense mood made it clear that was often the case.

Rodon is delighted to see how the fans have received him and the team each week, and has commented on the fact that even his family are in awe of the reception he’s getting.

He continued:

“Playing here before you kind of remember the atmosphere but now playing for Leeds, when I get to play at home every other week I think you really understand what it’s like and how it feels.

“Even my parents and my family know that Leeds is a massive club and I’m sure my family do all know the following and of Leeds and the history. I think me playing for them now, I’m sure that makes them proud and hopefully I can just keep chipping away and doing well.

“The support this club has and the team gets is incredible and it’s something I’m very proud to be a part of and hopefully we can keep making them proud and have a successful season.”

That is a man who needs a permanent contract sorted out in 2024.

Rodon has been sensational for us this season alongside Pascal Struijk, and if we’re going to be promoted this season, he’ll be vital to that.

We have needed someone like him ever since we were promoted – capable of progressing the ball well in possession, but adept in defence too.

You can see in his body language and performances that he loves being here.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23