Diego Llorente makes Leeds United vow and reflects on personal improvement plus surprise - YEP 24/12/22


Diego Llorente has made a Leeds United vow upon signing a new deal at Elland Road where the Whites defender believes he can keep on improving.

Lee Sobot

Spanish international defender Llorente has penned fresh terms until the summer of 2026, signing a new deal two years on from his arrival for around £18m from Real Sociedad in September 2020. Llorente has amassed 55 appearances since joining the Whites and believes he has improved during that time frame faced with a first challenge of Premier League football.

At 29 years old, the Spanish centre-back believes there is also further improvement in the locker and has vowed that he can help the Whites push on in what is now the club's third season back in the country's top division.

"It's a good moment for me," Llorente told LUTV, reflecting on his new deal. "It's an exciting moment. I think it's a good opportunity for me to keep helping the team. Now it's two years since I have been here and I think I can keep helping the team and it's a happy time for me.”

Pressed on how he thought he had developed faced with Premier League football and since signing for Leeds, the centre-back reasoned: "I think now I am a better player. I think the Premier League is a hard competition but I feel that this competition really helps me to improve all my football but I think I can keep improving and keep helping my team mates.

"When I came here I didn’t have any expectations. I just wanted to play, to show my abilities. It's the Premier League, when you see the atmosphere at Elland Road, it was one of the most surprising things for me because I have never seen anything like this. I think this decision for me is important because I think Leeds United can help me to develop my football and also I have the feeling that I can help Leeds United to improve."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23