Gradel rules out Leeds return

Former Leeds United player Max Gradel has ruled out a return to Leeds at this moment in his career.
Gradel, who enjoyed two seasons at Elland Road, has been linked with a move back to Leeds recently but the winger who currently plays in the French top flight with St Etienne, says he cannot return to Leeds whilst the are in the championship but he hasn`t ruled out a return one day.
Speaking on Radio Leeds, Gradel said, "I saw some news saying that I was coming back. I know they tried to speak to my agent about coming back but as much as I love and respect Leeds and the fans, who have been fantastic. Football wise, I have to try to improve and move on.
"I love Leeds and I hope one day I will come back but right now, I am in the top league and I want to move forward and play Champions League football.
"Leeds are in the Championship right now and footballing wise, I can`t go back to Leeds, but you never know, things move quickly and I might be back at Leeds one day."
Gradel spent just under two years at Elland Road, helping the side win promotion from League One and then finish seventh in their first season in the championship.
The 25-year-old was the Fans and Players Player of the Year in 2011, in a season where he scored 18 goals before departing Leeds to join St Etienne, where he is a regular in the side.
Gradel is currently on African Cup of Nations duty with Ivory Coast and he has played in both of their group wins so far.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23