Warnock on Brown, White and trialists

Leeds United players reported back for pre-season training today and boss Neil Warnock says he will be working them hard ahead of the new season.
The players reported back to Thorp Arch and were put through their paces by the Leeds boss who has built his sides in the past on working hard and a high level of fitness and Warnock says he will stick with the same philosophy.
Speaking on Yorkshire Radio, Warnock said, "If you have a good pre-season in stands you in good stead for the rest of the season. I like the lads to do well and most of my teams have been pretty fit, so I am sticking with what I am used too over the last couple of years. They have done well today.
"It is hard work; you have to put the hard work in. You can see they have worked hard through the summer."
Paul Connolly, Ramon Nunez, Andy O`Brien, Paul Rachubka and Billy Paynter who have all been placed on the transfer list were all present for the first day of training. The Leeds boss says that he has told them all they must work hard for themselves as much as anything. "I have told them all, whether you are on the transfer list, one of the youngsters or one of the new players. You have to train hard in pre-season, you do it for yourself, and you want to be in the team wherever you are," added Warnock.
Also present on the first day were Michael Brown and Aidy White who are now out of contract.
Warnock offered Brown a new one year deal at the end of last season on reduced terms whilst White turned down the offer of a new deal at the club.
The Leeds boss admits what the future holds for the duo but he plans to sit down with the pair in the near future to find out what they intend to do. "I have offered Michael a new deal, I will have a chat with him but I haven`t had time to have a chat with him yet, it is the same with Aidy, I don`t know what is happening with him.
"I want all the lads I have offered new deals to, to stay with the club. Aidy`s offer has now expired, so I am not sure if he is just keeping himself fit. I just haven`t had time to talk to either of them because there has been too much else to do," continued Warnock.
The Leeds boss also stated that he is looking at a number of trialists over the next couple of weeks as the players prepare for their first pre-season fixture at Farsley Celtic on Friday July 20th. The Leeds boss added, "I have had one or two offered to me and one or two I have asked to come and have a couple of weeks with us. I am sure I will mention them as I go along."
Injured duo Leigh Bromby and Davide Somma were also at Thorp Arch as they continue their rehabilitation from long-term injuries.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23