KENNY SIGNS UP FOR UNITED

leedsunited.com 11/7/12
Goalkeeper Paddy finalises move from QPR...
Leeds United have completed the signing of Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Paddy Kenny for an undisclosed sum.
The 34-year-old joins the club on a three-year contract and met his new team-mates for the first time at Thorp Arch on Wednesday.
Paddy arrives at Elland Road with a wealth of experience and knows manager Neil Warnock well, having worked with the United boss at Bury, Sheffield United, and QPR.
Paddy, a Yorkshireman, is a two-time promotion winner to the Premier League, with Sheffield United and QPR, and made 33 Premier League starts last season, keeping seven clean sheets.
He won Player of the Year awards at both Bramall Lane and Loftus Road and has made almost 600 career appearances.
The goalkeeper becomes the club's fourth signing of the summer, following Jason Pearce, Adam Drury, and Paul Green to United.

GAFFER GETS HIS MAIN MAN!
United manager Neil Warnock firmly believes he has made one of most important signings with the arrival of Paddy Kenny at Elland Road.
The experienced goalkeeper completed his switch from Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday when he signed a three-year contract and one of the worst kept secrets in football was confirmed when Paddy became a Leeds United player.
"I don't think you can keep secrets at Leeds United," laughed the United manager. "Somebody knows everything!
"We've worked very hard with this one. It's taken some time to get over the line, but I think he's the most important signing I'll make while I'm at Leeds United. I rate him that highly, and I think the fans will see why."
Paddy made 33 Premier League appearances for QPR last season and kept a club record clean sheets during the Londoners promotion season in 2010/11.
"I didn't think we'd be able to get him," conceded the boss. "There's no way I would have let him go. I wouldn't have swapped him for anybody they have on their books.
"I think he's a great keeper. He's one of the best in the country, not just the Championship.
"We are delighted to get him. He's a northern lad, he knows what a pull Leeds is and he knows all about it.
"We've had our moments over the years, but we respect each other and that's why he always been the main man I've wanted to sign. We've had to put others on hold, because I wanted to get this one over the line."
The United boss is also anticipating making further additions to his squad following the return to pre-season on Wednesday.
"We have a number where we have made offers and all sorts of things where we're trying to do deals," he explained. "I'd like to bring in a few others, ideally before we go to Cornwall, but we'll see.
"We're looking all over the place. Every area, we're looking to bring other players in. I'll move on to my next main target now and see if we can secure him over the next few days and the squad will take shape towards the kick-off."

NO STEP DOWN FOR DELIGHTED PADDY
New Leeds United recruit Paddy Kenny admits he had no doubts about dropping down from the Premier League to play a part in Neil Warnock's planned revolution at Elland Road.
The 34-year-old completed his switch from Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday at Thorp Arch and is hoping he can repeat his debut season with the Londoners by celebrating another promotion to the Premier League.
"I'm delighted it's done," said Paddy, who has signed a three-year contract with the club.
"It's a massive club and I'm excited for the challenge ahead. It's been rumoured for a while, but once I'd spoken to him (the manager) and heard his plans for the club I really wanted to come.
"There were no doubts. Hopefully I can do what I did at QPR and help this club back into the Premier League where it belongs.
"I'm from around here and have a lot of family and friends who are big Leeds United fans. It's one of the biggest clubs around and I want to show what I can do."
Paddy is no stranger to working with the United boss, and the pairing have previously been united at Bury, Sheffield United, and QPR.
"This is the fourth time he's signed me," said Paddy.
"He knows what he'll get from me and I know what I'll get from him, and as soon as I had the opportunity to come here I was delighted to take him up on it.
"His record at this level and for promotions speaks for itself, and with the players he's looking to bring in and those he'll get I'm sure we'll be pushing up there.
"He told me to come here, be myself, bring my experience and try and help this club get promoted. I've done really well and hopefully I can carry that on here."
Paddy has two promotions under his belt, and is well remembered by Leeds fans following his time at Bramall Lane, where he was part of their successful Championship side in 2005/06.
"First and foremost it's a difficult league and we know that," said Paddy.
"You have to make your home games winnable and hopefully with the big crowd we can do that and try and be up at the top of the league. I've had a bit of stick off the crowd in the past, but hopefully I can change their minds and do well for them."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23