JAVI GRACIA: EVERYBODY KNOWS THE POTENTIAL OF THIS SQUAD - Leedsunited.com 24/2/23


Leeds United’s newly-appointed head coach spoke with the media on Friday, previewing the important Premier League clash with Southampton on Saturday.

The Whites return to action at Elland Road and will be guided by their newly-appointed head coach, along with his coaching staff.

Gracia is looking forward to the game and believes his players are more than capable of showing the quality needed to move up the table. 

He said: “I think everybody knows the potential of this squad, the commitment of this squad, the energy, the passion they have to play. 

“For me they show me all these things I’ve said. In this moment they need a good result to change the dynamic because the rest of the things they are doing really well.

“Then for me and the coaches, it’s easy to stay with them and work with them because they really want to do it and improve the situation."

On Saturday’s important match with Southampton, Javi and his backroom staff have watched them in the build up, having had a keen interest in Premier League football.

“I watched all the games of Southampton,” Gracia explained.

“Also the most part of the games of the Premier League, because it is my job, because I have three kids who love the Premier League - and then I have to do it.

“I felt all of them are really focused on the game and with a high commitment and looking forward to the moment to play in Elland Road and show our supporters they want to improve the situation.

“That’s the feeling I have now and the feeling I had from my first day. The players are involved and they want to improve the situation.

“I know the atmosphere is really good, and of course I look forward to the game tomorrow.

“I expect our supporters will be the player number 12 for us, we need them, and what we have to do is from the beginning until the end is give our best.

"What I say to my players today, tomorrow we have to do an extra effort because the team need it.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23