JESSE MARSCH: I’M HERE TO HELP THIS GROUP - Leedsunited.com 28/2/22


Jesse Marsch spoke exclusively to LUTV after being announced as new head coach of Leeds United.

The 48-year-old has signed a deal at Elland Road running until the summer of 2025.

Marsch spoke of his goals for the club, what he expects from the team and admitted he can’t wait to get going.

“It’s something I’m really excited about, I know what a big club Leeds is, I know ex-players who have played here and I’ve watched this club from afar for many years and I’m really honoured and excited to be here,” said Marsch.

“One of the things I love about this team right now is their commitment no matter how difficult the games have been, to play until the end, fight for each other, to never stop and to give everything to each other at every moment.

“This mentality and mindset to play for the fans, fight for the fans and to fight for each other is what I love, as a manager that is what I identify, a team that has heart, passion and plays for each other with everything they have.

“My style of play, my aggressiveness and the desire I have for teams to be intensive and to run and make things difficult for the opponent fits with what has been done here for three-and-a-half years.

“I have to identify how to do the important things and simple things right away, before building the complexity moving forwards.

“We have all the tools here, I’m here to help this group understand how we can get better and handling the moment right now, we have to stay calm and control what we can control, we are still in a good situation where we control all of our destiny.

“The focus on every day and every moment and removing stress will be really important for us to have success over the coming months.”

Marsch succeeds Marcelo Bielsa who enjoyed great success at Elland Road and he paid tribute to his predecessor.

Marsch said: “My respect and admiration for Marcelo Bielsa is massive.

“When I was assistant coach with the US national team in my first full-time coaching job, our first game was against Chile and Marcelo Bielsa.

“I followed his career and watched what he has done from afar and certainly he is a hero here.

“How he has helped transform Leeds United into a Premier League team is pretty amazing.

“For me, I just want help to take the torch to the next phase, everything that has been done has laid and incredible foundation and coming in at this moment, I want to do everything I can to take the club into the next stage of our history.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23