Massimo Cellino and Adam Pearson discuss the Executive Director role

leedsunited.com 15/5/15
United chairman Massimo Cellino has welcomed Adam Pearson back to Elland Road and explained how his return in the position of Executive Director will allow for the workload to be shared.
Pearson, who previously spent five years at the club before departing his role as Commercial Director in 2001, was appointed in the role of what he describes as Mr Cellino’s “right-hand” man on Monday.
The former Hull City chairman has a wealth of experience and success in football, guiding the Tigers to back-to-back promotions during his initial six-year stint on Humberside. A spell at Derby County followed before he returned to the KC Stadium, where he also remains the owner of Super League side Hull FC.
He will work closely with Mr Cellino to assist him with the running of the club, and the Italian owner believes Pearson’s experience will prove to be a real asset as he prepares for the new season.
“I took Adam because he was at Leeds before. I saw a lot of people,” the United chairman explained.
“I am learning in England that a lot of people come with titles and I don’t understand what those titles do.
“Maybe I took people on in the wrong jobs. People suggested that I take Adam on because he was here some time ago; in the good times apparently. His good luck is very important.
“At the same time, he has got experience. I’m doing too much and I have to start to build the structure of the club but not completely restructure.
“I needed someone as sometimes you waste more time organising things than facing the problems and solving other problems.
“So I thought that Adam is the right person, he understands football, so we can work together without having board meetings and big briefings with the people.
“We’ll spend a couple of hours together – I’ll clean, you wash the floor – and we know what to do.
“Before, when we wanted to find out who would clean or wash the floor, the floor would still be dirty after 20 meetings with the board.
“We have to start fixing this club. I am always told it is a sleeping giant and it belongs in the Premier League.”
Analysing his role and the size of the task ahead, Pearson added: “It’s definitely a big enough job.
“I’m here to assist Mr Cellino, to try and take some weight off him, certainly in the areas where I’ve got a skill set.
“I’ll allow Mr Cellino to concentrate on running the club in the way that he wants with the skill set he’s got.
“I’ll take as much weight off him as possible to try and calm some waters and make sure that the focus is on the team.
“We’ll be working behind the scenes and out of the public light to make sure things are going in the right direction.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23