Leedsunited.com 29/2/12
DANNY'S UP FOR THE UNITED CHALLENGE
New signing brings experience...
New signing Danny Webber is hoping his experience as a Championship promotion winner can play part as Leeds United look to keep alive an assault on the Play-Off places.
The 30-year-old was part of the Blades side which clinched promotion to the Premier League in 2006 under the guidance of our new manager Neil Warnock, and Danny knows he has joined a club with a real chance of progress.
"Leeds is a massive club," said Danny.
"You can see the history and the great set-up of the place, and I played under Neil Warnock at Sheffield United and am looking forward to playing under him again. I've had some good parts of my career under him.
"He knows how to get the best out of players, he knows how to motivate people and hopefully he can do that with everyone here. He looks after you, and he'll be back you. That's important when you're playing.
"It's touching distance where we are at the moment, and It's case of a good run between now and May and you never know where you might end up.
"It's a case of sticking together and doing the little things right that make up the bigger picture. There's good experience here and there's some good youth to crack on."
Danny left Portsmouth last summer after a campaign dogged by injury, and he has spent much of the current season in training at both Queens Park Rangers and Manchester United, the club where he started his career.
"I did my pre-season at QPR under the gaffer, but I got injured and it took me a couple of months to get up and running again," he explained.
"The boss at Man United let me train there to build myself back up again, and that's where I've been really. I've not played matches for a while, I've been training, but there is a difference. I'll put it in, though, I'll go through the pain barrier and do what it takes.
"I got a phone call to come here and have a look and it's all gone well. You never take anything set in stone, especially in this game, but I'm happy I got the call and I'm raring to go. The gaffer knows how I play. I can play in numerous positions and I can come in and get stuck in very quickly."
Danny made his first appearance in a Leeds shirt on Tuesday afternoon when he played the first half of a behind closed doors game against Middlesbrough at Thorp Arch.
"It felt good to be in a football match again," he said.
"The more minutes I can get, the fitter I'll get, and the better performances I'll be able to put in."
The next game on the horizon is now Saturday's Elland Road clash with league leaders Southampton, and with a run of matches coming up against promotion contenders, victory against the Saints will give United a huge boost.
"Southampton have been flying, but everybody's there to be beaten," added Danny.
"I remember when we were at the top with Sheffield United and everyone wants to come and beat you and it's no different now, we will want to beat them on Saturday."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23