Leedsunited.com 10/7/08
STRIKER CHASE
United boss Gary McAllister is still on the hunt for more firepower ahead of the new season.
The boss made Enoch Showunmi his third summer signing this week, but admits he is looking to bolster his strikeforce further in readiness for the new League One season.
"It's an area we still need to strengthen and we are pursuing two others in the forward area," explained Macca.
"I'm looking to add some more striking power to the set-up and we're juggling two or three at the moment.
"Leon Constantine's gone and something might happen with Anthony Elding - we've had a bid which we're looking at - so I'm still looking at another couple of players."
Of the three summer arrivals, the manager firmly believes both Andy Robinson and Showunmi will bring goals to the party.
"Andy is an experienced player and he brings goals and guile," he added. "Enoch has a physical presence and he's a proven goalscorer at this level."
Speaking at his first press conference of the summer, Gary also re-iterated his stance that only players he doesn't require will be allowed to depart before the new season starts.
"I can only work with X amount of players and I believe it's beneficial to some of them to try and find football elsewhere," he added.
"I've spoken to the guys who are not in my plans and people might be more aware when the squad is announced for Ireland.
"There have been enquiries about some players, but it's been made pretty clear to me that if I don't want a player to leave he won't leave and this 20 or so I'm working with I want to keep."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23