Leeds United Football Club - Batty Wishes United Well

Leeds midfielder David Batty has revealed he bears no grudge against Eddie Gray or Leeds United despite being told he would not have a part to play for the rest of this season.
Gray acknowledged that Batty, 35, has been a magnificent servant in his two spells with the club, but was not able to offer him further games after changing the formation and style of United's play.
Although disappointed, David went on fans websites to explain that he accepted Eddie Gray's decision graciously and wished the club all the best.
He wrote:"As you're probably aware, I've been told I no longer have a role to play at Leeds, which I accept totally because football is all about opinions. Contrary to a lot of reports, myself and Eddie Gray get on well and have no problem with each other. Eddie thought, rather than have me hanging around the training ground with no prospect of ever playing again, he has given and shown me a lot of respect by being honest enough to tell me the truth. I wouldn't expect to be treated in any other way, because I'm straight-talking, upfront and honest - although I am deeply disappointed as I feel I've got a lot left to offer. May I take this opportunity to thanks all the fans for their support and wish them and the Club all the best for the future."
David is likely to continue training at the club until the end of the season, after which he is out of contract and a free agent, although a move to another club looks unlikely with his agent suggesting he will retire instead.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23