Wood wants to drive Leeds forward

leedsunited.com 1/7/15
Chris Wood hopes to "become part of history" at Leeds after leaving Leicester to sign a four-year deal at Elland Road.
The striker, United's fourth summer arrival so far, trained with his new team-mates for the first time at Thorp Arch on Wednesday and is now raring to help "take the club forward".
The 23-year-old said: "I’m very excited, it’s a massive club – everybody knows that.
"It’s one that I’m happy to get over the line. That was what I wanted when I heard the interest and I spoke to the manager.
"It was something that took me aback and made me think ‘This is where I want to be and this is the club I want to be at’. Thankfully, I got there."
United beat off strong competition from other Championship rivals to secure the New Zealand international's signature, and Wood says his mind was soon made up after meeting with the club.
"When they had the bid accepted, I came up here the next day and spoke to the gaffer and the owner," he said.
"I was really taken aback by what they said. They seem to really understand how we’re going to take the club forward.
"After last season, we need to take the club forward.
"I believe that, with the owner and Adam Pearson and the gaffer, we’re ready to take the club forward."
"It’s a massive club with a massive fanbase and very passionate fans. I can’t wait to be playing in front of them and hopefully doing the business."
Asked about his aims for the future, Wood replied: "Ultimately, I want to be in the Premier League and that’s where I want to take Leeds.
"I’d like to establish myself here, become part of a club and hopefully become part of history if that happens.
"I’ve got a nice long deal which is what I wanted – I want to be at a club for a long period of time."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23