leedsunited.com 8/9/11
MIKAEL'S HUNGER AT HISTORIC CLUB
Striker's excitement at Leeds move...
New United signing Mikael Forssell is hoping his "hunger for goals" will provide added ammunition in the club's quest for Championship success.
The 30-year-old former Birmingham and Chelsea forward has signed a deal until the end of the season at Elland Road.
I'm delighted," said the striker. "I'd had three good years in Germany with Hannover, but I've missed English football and I really wanted to come back here.
"To come to a club like Leeds is fantastic. It is such an historic club, the team is good, the lads are positive, the facilities are unbelievable, and the fans look brilliant.
"I played against Leeds a couple of times for Birmingham and scored in both games - but now I'm on this side and it's fantastic.
"There's big competition for striking places here, but I'm hungry for goals. There's some great players here, and I want to fight for a place to wear such an historic shirt."
Mikael had been plying his trade in Germany for the past three seasons before leaving Hannover in May.
"I've been working hard and training over the summer," he added.
"I played two 90 minutes for Finland at the weekend which felt good so I am happy. Maybe I'm lacking a little bit of match fitness, but a few games and some more good sessions will help."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23