Leeds United Football Club - Hulse Completes United Move

Leeds United have today completed the signing of striker Rob Hulse from West Bromwich Albion for a fee that could rise to £1.1m dependant on future success.

The 25-year-old was delighted to commit himself to the club for the next three seasons by signing until the summer of 2008.

Hulse spent the past three months on loan at Elland Road from the Hawthorns, scoring six times in 13 appearances and his experience has left him in no doubt it's where he wants to be.

"I am pleased we've got something sorted now," said Rob.

"I have had a brilliant couple of months here and it was just nice to get back into playing again at a fantastic football club. I feel very much at home here now.

"I am looking forward to the challenge next year and I think we have got a hell of a chance of promotion.
"Who does not want to play in front of 30,000 every week and have those great fans behind you? I want to do well for them and myself because I am proud to be associated with this football club."

Leeds boss Kevin Blackwell is pleased to have secured one of his prime transfer targets so early.

"Signing Rob Hulse shows that the club is coming out of the terminal decline it was in and we are serious about moving forward," said Blackwell.

The striker has set himself a high target for next season but he's confident about reaching it.

"I will be expecting to get at least 20 goals next season. I expect it of myself, I wanted to score more goals this season but I have had the chances and with a good pre-season behind me I can achieve that."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23