Leeds United defender Byram eyes promotion bid

Yorkshire Evening Post 22/6/15
Leon Wobschall
LEEDS UNITED defender Sam Byram is casting aside speculation regarding his future - and is fully focusing his energies on the Whites enjoying a successful 2015-16 campaign.
The future of Byram, who has a year remaining on his Elland Road deal, is under the microscope with Sunderland being linked with a move this summer and several other top-flight clubs reportedly keeping tabs on him.
Reports in the north-east are suggesting that the Wearsiders will target a move for Byram if they lose out to West Ham in their quest to sign Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson on loan.
But despite the rumours over his future, Byram is concentrating on matters in hand with Leeds, with he and his United team-mates returning to pre-season training next Monday when they will be put through their new paces by new head coach Uwe Rosler - and he is eager to impress.
Byram said: “I’ve had chance to get away and go on a few holidays – it’s nice to have a breather and get some sun after the season but I’m back now and ready to work towards pre-season.
“I’ve been doing runs and trying to keep fit in the days I’ve been back in the country. I’ve managed to keep myself in shape where I can build from here.
“I haven’t met Uwe Rosler yet, so I’m looking forward to getting back to pre-season and trying to impress him throughout the month.
“There’s new staff that have come in as well, so I’m looking forward to getting back in and meeting all the new players as well.
“It shows that the club are making moves in the right direction.
“They’re bringing people in that have got experience and young players to add to the squad. These are all good things.”
On his and United’s ambitions ahead of the new season, Byram added: “As a team, we’ve got to look towards getting promotion. That’s the main focus.
“From a personal point of view, I want to keep trying to improve and play as many games as I can.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23