Leeds challenge excites Erwin

leedsunited.com 10/6/15
New signing Lee Erwin says he is "excited for the challenge" of joining Leeds United after becoming the club’s second signing of the summer.
The 20-year-old striker was unveiled at Elland Road on Wednesday afternoon, signing a three-year deal from Motherwell to end weeks of intense transfer rumours linking him with a switch to England.
“I’m over the moon,” he said. “There’s been a lot of speculation in the last couple of weeks but I’m happy to get it over the line today.
“I was over the moon that such a big club was interested and I don’t think I could have ever turned that offer down.
“This is the first season I’ve seen first-team football. Two years ago I was on loan in the lower leagues in Scotland at Arbroath, which was successful.
“I just want to continue progressing as a player and I think this is the best place to progress.
“I think it’s a good time to come when I’m young and I can mature as a person and progress as a player as well.
“Leeds is a big club, it’s a good opportunity.
Erwin caught the eye at Motherwell during his first full season as a first-team regular, ending the campaign with an impressive five goals from the last nine games playing as a wide forward.
Describing his own style of play, Lee said: “I play just off-the-cuff. Most people think I’m just a target man because I’m a six-foot plus striker but I don’t really like to be a target man to be honest.
“I like to run the channels and go in-behind.
“It wasn’t until February when I was getting a run up front. It was good to end the season on a high at Motherwell and keep that Premier League status. But I’m excited for the challenge.”
When asked about adapting to the Championship, Lee added: “It’s a massive challenge.
“You look at players like Scott Parker at Fulham and Ross McCormack, who was here, a lot of players in the Championship are experienced professionals.
“The main challenge is just working hard to impress the coach and everyone at Leeds United to try and get in the first-team. That’s the main focus.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23