Billy Sharp delighted with United move - Striker talks about finalising his switch

leedsunited.com 14/8/14
New United signing Billy Sharp is delighted to have now signed for the club and says that he can’t wait to get started.
The former Southampton striker arrived at Elland Road on Wednesday afternoon to complete his transfer and he signed a two-year deal with the club.
“I’m delighted, this is a great place to play football and I can’t wait to get started,” said Billy. “In the summer I heard there was interest and I have been hanging on and hanging on.
“But like I said I’m delighted that it is over the line now and I’m a Leeds United player.
“I’m buzzing that I’m here and I’m hoping that I can get a good start and get the fans on my side.
“Elland Road is a special place to play. Whenever you play here you are well up for it. I’ve managed to score a couple of goals here at the Revie end and hopefully I’ll be able to do that a lot more times now.
“It’s nice to play in front of big attendances so hopefully we will get them again.”
Billy has spoken of the importance of getting the fans on his side and he is hoping to that with a good debut this weekend against Middlesbrough.
“The big thing for me in football is to get the fans on my side,” said the striker. “They are the ones that support the club and hopefully I’ll be able to get a few goals and have a great relationship with them.
“I just want to get into the box and hopefully the talent in the squad will be able to get the ball in there and I’ll be able to put them away.
“I’m at a great club and I want it to be successful. I want this to be a good part of my career. I’m 28-years-old and it’s time to start kicking on and start scoring goals again.
“I couldn’t have picked a better game to start with and for the Sky cameras to be here as well to great. Hopefully I’ll get my debut and hopefully it will be a happy one.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23