Rosler relishing United challenge

leedsunited.com 20/5/15
Uwe Rosler says he is relishing the chance to take charge of United and believes there is already "great potential" here after being unveiled as the club’s new head coach on Wednesday afternoon.
The former Brentford and Wigan Athletic boss put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Elland Road and spoke exclusively to LUTV prior to holding his first press conference alongside Executive Director Adam Pearson.
"I feel very happy, it’s a great opportunity. This is a massive club," Rosler explained.
"From my playing time, I remember Elland Road buzzing and a very intense atmosphere. I see something in the group of players that we can work with."
Describing the process which brought him to the club, Rosler added: "There was an approach, I got told by the club they were looking for the head coach position.
"Since my time at Wigan, I had been out of work, studying the game and readying myself. I was always clear that I wanted to come back in the summer.
"I had a few opportunities but I was waiting for one like Leeds United. For me, it’s a massive chance.
"There’s great potential with this group of players. I think they stabilised themselves throughout the season and I think it’s a great platform to move on."
Asked if this was the biggest job of his career so far, Rosler replied: "In my coaching career, definitely, this is the biggest club. That why I worked very hard for an opportunity like this.
"I will do everything to make it count and I really hope that everybody will judge me on the way I work and the way I will be with people, and the results come in."
Following a career which spanned 16 years, including a fruitful four-year spell at Manchester City, the United job is Rosler’s third managerial role in English football having started out with Norwegian side Lillestrom.
Most recently, he took charge of Wigan Atheltic, guiding them into the play-offs and an FA Cup semi-final after earning a strong reputation during his time at Brentford.
"I’ve been a manager or head coach for 10 years now; first in Norway with three clubs in the Premier League playing European football," he said.
"Every club I took over, I improved – including Brentford and Wigan – immediately with the results. That is what I intend to do here.
"I came over to England with Brentford and started with a mid-table club in 2011 – look where the club is today.
"I worked for two-and-a-half years there and I think I laid the foundations for where the club is today.
"I went to Wigan because I had done well at Brentford and they paid compensation for me. For me, that was the next step in my coaching career.
"I’m very proud of what I achieved in my first seven months, starting on the December 9th when the club was 15th in the league and still in the European competition and the FA Cup.
"We finished the season in the play-offs and the semi-final of the FA Cup, that was a very good achievement. But I also learned an experience – the dark side – in the rebuilding process of Wigan.
"They had problems on the road, which I expected, but I expected a little bit more time to sort them out, especially with my track record of getting teams into the play-offs."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23