Pearson backs Uwe to inspire United

leedsunited.com 21/5/15
Executive Director Adam Pearson believes that new head coach Uwe Rosler has the ability to "inspire this club" during what he sees as exciting times at Elland Road.
Pearson only returned to the club at the start of last week but insists he has seen “only positive signs behind the scenes so far”, with Rosler’s appointment the latest move in preparation for the new campaign.
"I’m really excited to have Uwe here," he explained at Wednesday's unveiling of the new head coach. "I think he’s a top coach, a strong character and a strong personality.
"I think he will inspire this club and this crowd to get the ball rolling and get some momentum into this club, I genuinely believe that.
"We’re excited about the future, I know it’s easy for me to say that after only being here for 10 days but I’ve only seen positive signs behind the scenes so far.
"I can only take that as the way we’re going and, for me, it’s a very positive future.
"The reality is significantly different (to the outside perception) and we’re all trying to put in place the structures that work.
"What you see on the outside is not quite what’s paddling under the water. I think what you’ll find over the coming weeks is that there’s a sense of order and stability that starts to prevail at the club.
"I think we’ve brought in a head coach who knows his own mind and he will be very strong in those principals. He will have my full support alongside him."
Asked about further additions to the club and specifically Rosler’s backroom staff, Pearson replied: "We’ve got three key pieces of the jigsaw to fit in place; Uwe’s two choices as assistant manager and first team coach and head of recruitment.
"We’ve then got a very strong and capable football secretary coming in place.
"I think then we will have a management team and a football team that can make decisions in an orderly and structured manner for the benefit, medium and long-term, of the club."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23