Rosler accepts ‘chance of a lifetime’ at Leeds United

Yorkshire Evening Post 20/5/15
Leon Wobschall
UWE ROSLER insists that accepting the head coaching role at Leeds United was a ‘no brainer’ and says it is ‘a chance in a lifetime’ for him.
The German was unveiled as United’s fifth permanent head coach/manager in the Massimo Cellino era this afternoon, signing a two-year deal.
The former Brentford and Wigan boss spoke about not being cowed by the challenge of bucking the trend and becoming the man to break the cycle of continual head coaching appointments at the club.
Rosler, who immediately targetted a top-ten finish after being unveiled, said: “I had one or two opportunities. But this one came available at very short notice and it can’t get bigger than this. It was a no-brainer.
“Life is a challenge and I am know what I am gettng myself in for and I have thrived on challenges and pressure all my life.
“I have been out of work and have used the last six months to educate myself and I was always keen to come back in the summer.”
Meanwhile, executive director Adam Pearson clarified the position regarding Neil Redfearn and said that the clause on the 49-year-old continuing as head coach was not activated.
Pearson confirmed that the club are awaiting Redfearn’s answer after he was offered his old role back in charge of the Academy, with the offer a “genuine and credible” one.
On whether Redfearn will stay, he said: “I couldn’t honestly answer that. The role has been offered to him and I am sure Neil will come back to me as soon as he has had time to consider it.”
Rosler has been given the licence to bring in an assistant-manager and first-team coach and Pearson said that those appointments, alongside a head of recruitment and a club secretary are likely to be unveiled in the near future.
Rosler stated that he will have an input in which players come into the club.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23