Ken Bates ringing United fans from WACCOE

QUOTE (pag @ Sep 12 2012, 06:30 PM)
I sent Ken Bates this fax today:

Dear Mr. Bates,
Thank you for taking the time to read this fax.
I am writing to you on a personal basis and do not represent anyone, or any organisation. I do,however, know many Leeds fans who are distraught at the current lack of funds in the club, and the possibility that we will end this season in a worse position than we began it.
I believe that it was your wish to preside over a Leeds United team that was able, once again, to play Premiership football, and would hope that you still want this, regardless of current events.
Could I urge you, from the heart, to help any potential investors in the club resolve any difficulties they may have with the ongoing negotiations?
I have no desire to attack you. I believe that what is best for Leeds United may also be most beneficial to you.

Yours Sincerely

Etc

1. HE CALLED ME BACK AFTER RECEIVING THIS FAX
2. When he was free (he was on another call) the first question he asked was ‘What have you done to support the club?’ then went through my fax in detail, asking why Leeds fans were ‘distraught’, and how many I’d spoken to and how I had spoken to them. I said I had talked to 50 people in the pub.


On to the conversation. Like LPP, once you speak to him it is impossible to get a word in edgeways.
But he did say that Leeds fans
HAD NO RIGHT TO EXPECT PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL.
He said there had been two bidders, both of whom he had no time for.
The arabs were on a road to no-where. This is my interpretation, can’t officially quote him on this.
He is planning on staying as Owner of Leeds.
He wanted me to go on LUST forums and spread the word of supporters, like me, combat the BATES OUT and LUST campaigns, which he sees as being a MINORITY of fans.
It was all very depressing (though Susannah seemed nice), and I am sure to get in trouble even for this.
Pag

QUOTE (boozie @ Sep 12 2012, 07:12 PM)
I just logged in to share some news and saw pogs post. I think this proves Ken has lost the plot because I was told today that negotiations have been positive and taken a massive step in the right direction. This comes from someone close to the deal and I'm trying to get some more info from another source.

This clearly contradicts what Bates has said on the call but I believe it is now all a show from him.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23