Salerno linked with Leeds as he rejects Italian job

Yorkshire Post 23/6/14
FORMER CAGLIARI sporting director Nicola Salerno is continuing to be linked with a reunion with Leeds United president Massimo Cellino at Elland Road.
Salerno, who worked alongside Cellino during his tenure at the Serie A club, was expected to link up with top-flight new boys Palermo, who were keen to recruit his services. But it now appears as if Salerno will not be linking up with Palermo following talks last week and analysing his position, potentially opening the door for him to come to Leeds.
On discussions regarding the Palermo post, Salerno, speaking to the Italian press, said: “I do not have the heart.
“I can confirm that I have not accepted the proposal of Palermo. The club needed an immediate response, while I did not have sufficient certainty.”
Meanwhile, reported Whites target Chuks Aneke has joined Belgian outfit Zulte Waregem on a three-year deal.
The former Arsenal midfielder, 20 – recently released by the Gunners – has spent most of the last two seasons on loan at League One side Crewe, with a number of Championship sides believed to have been interested in signing him.
He said: “This is a great opportunity for me and I will do my best to take it as soon as possible.
“I think Belgian football will suit my playing style.
“Zulte Waregem give opportunities to young players and this club, after some good conversations, was a logical choice for my future development.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23