Neil Redfearn appointed as Leeds United head coach

BBC 1/11/14
Leeds United have appointed Neil Redfearn as their new head coach on a 12-month rolling contract.
The former academy coach, 49, becomes the club's third boss of the season, replacing Slovenian Darko Milanic.
But after Saturday's 3-1 Championship defeat at Cardiff City, he said he had received reassurances about the job from owner Massimo Cellino.
"I asked if he sees me as the future and he said he does, which is great for me," Redfearn said.
"I have been here six years in total and have put in a lot of hard work. There is the caveat that I can go back to the academy if it does not work out, but I am very proud."
Leeds started the season under former Forest Green boss Dave Hockaday but he was sacked after just six games.
Redfearn was instilled as caretaker manager and recorded three wins and one draw in four games before Milanic was appointed as head coach in September.
The former Sturm Graz boss failed to win any of his six games in charge and was sacked last Saturday after the 2-1 defeat by Wolves.
Redfearn revealed on Thursday that he had sought assurances from Cellino that he would be retained by the club if the Italian chose to replace him as head coach.
"You can't guarantee anything in football and if results aren't right then things have got to change," he told BBC Radio Leeds.
"I'll still be part of the picture and the bigger plan and I want to be part of that.
"I'm prepared to sacrifice myself to the club because I can see the bigger picture getting better here."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23