Jack Butland's excitement at loan move

leedsunited.com 21/2/14
Jack Butland on his loan move…
England international Jack Butland says his loan move from Premier League Stoke City ‘ticks all the boxes’.
The move is the keeper’s second loan stint of the season, having spent the early part of the campaign at Barnsley, and he admits to being excited at joining United.
“I think that the move is good for all parties,” said Jack. “I’m coming to a massive club with big expectations and hopefully a big promotion push.
“It ticks all the boxes in terms of the pressures on the game and the crowds. It’s as close as you can get to Premier League football outside of the Premier League. I’m really excited to be here.
“On the Stoke side of things they are happy that I’m playing and developing. Obviously for me it is a nice chance to get some games under my belt and perform well for Leeds.
“The loan system has been very helpful for me to get out and get experience. I’m very lucky to have the chance to come to Leeds and hopefully there will be some really good times while I’m here.”
The 20-year-old is keen to use his time at United wisely as he is looking to improve and wants to do that by putting in the performances with a Play-Off spot the aim.
“The only way you learn is by playing. I’ve been lucky enough to play in big pressure situations in front of big crowds,” said the England international. “Leeds is certainly one of those and I’m looking forward to in front of the crowds, both at home and away.
“I’ve played here with Birmingham and Barnsley over the last couple of years and the fans have been incredible. Obviously I got a lot of stick playing for Barnsley at the time but the fans were brilliant.
“The atmosphere is always good and they expect of the team. Those are the pressures that I need to be dealing with and they will help me improve and set me up for the future.
“Everything that has gone before needs to be forgotten. There is 16 games now to focus on and in 16 games there is a lot of points up for grabs.
“Eight points can swing in a matter of weeks. Reaching the Play-Offs is certainly the target. The fans want that and I’m sure that they will be behind the team the whole way.”
The keeper could be set to make his United debut on Saturday at Middlesbrough and he is looking forward to jumping straight into action for his new side.
“I’m looking forward to it, hopefully if I get the nod and I get the chance it will be a fantastic occasion,” added Butland.
“The game is on Sky Sports as well and that is what it is all about. I like being thrown in at the deep end. I’ve been in this situation before where I’ve joined a new club with a quick turnaround.
“I’ve met a few of the lads already and hopefully I’ll meet a few more and we’ll hit it off.
“Leeds has a great history with goalkeepers. There is some pressure there but I’ll thrive on the opportunity and I’m looking forward to putting the Leeds shirt on.
“Hopefully I can be up there by helping Leeds push on and getting in the Play-Offs.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23