Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United: Frustration grows for Warnock

YEP 9/2/13
LEEDS manager Neil Warnock was left frustrated that two priceless points had been lost in their pursuit of a place in the play-offs.
An injury-time equaliser from central defender Danny Batth ensured that Wolves stayed out of the relegation zone - but only on goal difference.
Batth’s late, late show denied Leeds what would have been a hard-fought win after they bounced back from falling behind following an own goal by captain Lee Peltier with a strike from Luke Varney and a Ross McCormack penalty.
“The frustration for me is that we have just played Cardiff City and Wolves and we should have had six points and I have got one out of both games,” said Warnock, whose side had lost their previous four away games in the Championship.
“I want to get into the play-offs and I am disappointed that we are not in the play-offs and games are running out.
“I want to go up. I think I am more frustrated than anybody. It is all right for the players they are all young and they can play for years to come.
“I want to get into the play-offs so I am frustrated over the last two games.
“But I am ever so pleased the way we have played since the Barnsley debacle. It is good for the future. “At least I have the team that I want together at the moment.
“I can’t fault anyone now. This is the team that I would like in the trenches with me if we were going to war. You know what I am like.
“Everyone is genuine. A manager asks for them to give their all and they did today. But the games are running out.
“I want to get promotion and that is why I came here.
“I have the players I want now. The new owners have been supportive and we have players who want to play for the club and that is half the battle at a place like Leeds.
“I was really proud of them today and we will give it a good shot in the last 16 games.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23