Warnock concedes his Leeds United days are numbered

Yorkshire Post 17/2/13
Neil Warnock accepts he will not be manager of Leeds United next season if they fail to win promotion. Leeds are 12th in the Championship, eight points adrift of the top six.
Warnock is coming under increasing pressure from the fans to quit having failed to mastermind a promotion challenge, and cries of ‘Warnock - time to go’ were the printable catcalls aimed at him from the away end as they lost 4-0 to Premier League champions Manchester City in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Sunday.
His contract is up at the end of the season and he has told owners GFH Capital he will not be staying on next season, while he today claimed he would leave earlier if he was asked.
“I don’t deserve that (abuse) after the year I have had, but I am unlucky to have been at three clubs with three takeovers,”nhe said, referencing previous spells with Crystal Palace and QPR.
“I understand their feelings and the noise they make shows what sort of club it is.
“If we go up, the owners know I won’t be here and the further away we get (from promotion) the club will be looking to see what they’re going to do and, if I can, I will help them.”
Warnock took over at Elland Road a year ago tomorrow and after a passionate start where he engaged with the supporters and got them onside, he now accepts the writing is on the wall as far as his pursuit of a record eighth promotion goes.
“I’m living away from home for one last year at promotion,” he said.
“I’m sure the club will be sensible and in a couple of years they will be back in the big time.
“It’s their prerogative (if they want to sack me), if they think it will help, I’m not against it. Whatever is best for Leeds United.
“But with what’s gone on over the last 12 months I think I deserve a medal.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23