Steve sets sights on a Premier return

leedsunited.com 31/1/13
New signing aiming high...
New signing Steve Morison is firmly focused on making a swift return to the Premier League - in the colours of Leeds United.
The 29-year-old signed a three-and-a-half year contract on Thursday morning after an exchange deal was agreed with Norwich City that saw Luciano Becchio heading to Carrow Road.
And the Welsh international admits he jumped at the chance to move north when he learnt of the proposed deal.
"I got a phone call to say Norwich had agreed a swap for me and Luciano Becchio, and it didn't take long to make my mind up," said Steve. "I'm pretty happy.
"There were lots of rumours going around, but I've been out injured and was concentrating on getting fit. This has all happened quickly in the end, but when Leeds come in for you and you see the place it's a no-brainer.
"I've played at Leeds a few times. I even managed to score on one of those occasions and it's a fantastic place to be with all the history. When I was at Millwall games against Leeds were always big, and it'll be nice to play in front of that crowd every week."
Steve, who netted nine Premier League goals last term, says he wouldn't have made the step down to the Championship just for anyone, having established himself at the highest level last season.
"I don't think Leeds are a million miles away from the Premiership, and the club is geared up for the Premier League," he said. "The goal is to get to the Premier League and I wouldn't have gone to a club that I didn't think could fulfil for that.
"Of course there's pressure on, and the gaffer wants to win promotion, but I think I'm very grounded, and I want to be back playing in the Premier League.
"I've come here to play football and score goals. Fingers crossed I can replicate my form from last season. It's a tough league and there's a lot of tough defenders.
"The fans are going to want to see goals and that's what I'm hoping to give them. Hopefully I can use my unpredictability to my advantage.
"I've spent a lot of time watching football this year and hopefully I can take my frustration out on the pitch soon."
A thigh injury will rule Steve out of Saturday's game against Cardiff, but he is hoping his debut will only be a further week away. "This weekend might be a bit soon," he added. "I haven't done much over the last month. Hopefully the week after when we've got four games in 10 days I should be back."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23