DANIEL FARKE: I’M PROUD OF THE PERFORMANCE - Leedsunited.com 17/9/23


Leeds United left Millwall with an impressive three points, after travelling away from home on Sunday lunchtime.

Joel Piroe netted a double, whilst strike partner Georginio Rutter scored the final goal of the game, as the Whites moved up the Sky Bet Championship table and made it four games unbeaten.

Speaking after the match, manager Daniel Farke was delighted with the way the team handled the game, as well as the performance from his players.

He said: “I'm proud of my guys today because I've played here several times at The Den, I know it's an unbelievably tough place to go and you have to be on it.

“You have to be there with a pretty complex performance. I know we as a club have also waited, I think more than a decade, to leave here with three points. 

“You have to be spot on, this is what we did today because there were periods of the game when you have to show some steel and resilience. 

“You have to be there and show exactly these qualities because you can't avoid all these long balls and all the long throw ins, and sometimes it’s a corner kick as well.”

Leeds scored three thoroughly impressive goals, as well as the defence standing firm and keeping a clean sheet, which the boss was delighted about. 

“I would say amazing, amazing team goals,” Farke stated.

“When I think about the first goal you can put it straightaway into a book and sell it, because it's so wonderful. I'm pretty pleased for this.

“For me the most important topic is to return back from such a tough place with a clean sheet for the dressing room and yes, to score three goals it's amazing. 

“I’m pretty, pretty proud of the performance.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23