Leeds United: ‘Big brother’ Sol can help me to settle in - Ngoyi

Yorkshire Evening Post 27/1/15
NEW LEEDS UNITED signing Granddi Ngoyi is confident that “big brother” Sol Bamba will ease his transition into English football.
The defensive midfielder, 26, has completed his expected loan move to Leeds from Serie A outfit Palermo for the rest of the season, hot on the heels of Bamba also joining from the club.
Both players are now hoping to impress in training to put themselves in firm contention for Saturday’s West Yorkshire derby at Huddersfield Town.
Leeds are also in the market for other recruits ahead of the closure of the transfer window on Monday night.
Ngoyi grew close to Bamba during their time at Palermo, with the Frenchman admitting that the centre-half, who has previously spent time in England with Leicester City, will help him settle, with his own command of English currently limited.
Ngoyi, restricted to just 71 minutes of action with Palermo this term said: “Bamba is my brother, my big brother!
“He will help me a lot because he knows English football and speaks very good English.
“I’m happy to be here. I’m very happy to be joining a good group.
“I will do my best. I’m happy because I didn’t play a lot of games in Palermo.
“I hope to show what I can do on Saturday.”
Like with Ngoyi, Bamba, 30, has also linked up with United for the remainder of the campaign, arrives with a point to prove after just one appearance for Palermo in 2014-15.
He said: “Palermo came to me and said that Leeds were interested.
“From that day, I knew it would be an easy decision for me.
“Everyone knows about the history of the club in English football.
“The most important thing for me is to play because I didn’t have that chance in Italy."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23