Leeds' Darko Milanic speaks out, reveals who recommended him to Cellino

Here is the City 24/9/14
Dan Coombs
Leeds United boss Darko Milanic has given his first interview since being appointed as manager of the Championship side.
Speaking to Leeds United TV, he revealed who recommended him to Massimo Cellino, the topics of his conversations, and how he felt upon being approached.
He said: "I want to improve the team, to make the team better.
"It was one week ago (I was approached) and I spoke with the president last Sunday.
"I think Nicola Salerno told him about me, my history as a head coach."
Salerno is the club's sporting director, who was responsible for a number of deals this summer including Mirco Antenucci, and worked alongside Cellino at Cagliari.
Milanic continued: "I was honoured, not a dream but a big deal.
"We talk a little bit about Leeds United, the English style of football, things to do here in Leeds. He is extremely interesting."
Asked if the phone call was a job interview he replied that it was, adding: "I convinced him, I'm here."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23