Grayson - Leeds link is wide of the mark

Vital Leeds 1/9/14
Preston North End boss Simon Grayson has played down reports linking him with the vacant job at Leeds United.
The former Leeds boss saw his odds for the job vacated by David Hockaday last week tumble over the weekend but Grayson, who led Preston to the League One play-off semi-finals last year, says the reports are wide of the mark.
Speaking on Monday morning, Grayson said,'Everybody knows about my affiliation with Leeds and I enjoyed my time there, but I am happy at Preston.
'Preston can't do enough for me at this moment in time. They give me the opportunity to do what we are doing; we have got a good squad together and I have a real desire to get this team to the next level.
'People can speculate about anything they want and bookmakers can do their jobs, but I am enjoying my time at Preston.
'The reports are wide of the mark; people are going to speculate and put two and two together, but the club have had no approach, I've had no approach and that's the end of the matter.'
Former Brighton and Hove Albion boss Oscar Garcia is now emerging as a leading contender to replace Hockaday.
Garcia left the south coast club in the summer after leading them to the Championship play-off semi-finals last season.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23