A bright light shines for striker Somma

leedsunited.com 9/4/13
Striker Davide Somma admits he is looking forward to the closing weeks of the season after re-joining the senior squad in training.
The South African international has made just five appearances since the end of the 2010/11 season due to a serious knee injury sustained the following summer.
He returned to action briefly in December and January this year before being taken out of the firing line.
"I'm feeling really good again at the moment," he said. "It's two weeks I've been back now.
"I had some swelling on my knee, but I've been training with the team again and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
"It's perfectly normal to have niggles when you've been out for the length of time I have, but it wasn't as bad as people thought. I didn't need another operation. There's more to come from me.
"I'm hoping to fight to gain my spot again very soon. I want to be back and I want to score goals.
"I feel like I haven't done anything here so far and I want to prove myself again. It's been very difficult. The mood around the training ground is good and we're still fighting."
The striker also paid tribute to the club's medical staff, and the fans for their support during what has been a tough time.
"I thank God for the strength and thank everybody that's been around me, Harvey, the physios, and the fans who have never given up me," he added.
"To come back after 18 months was the best feeling ever, and I'm happy to be back again now."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23