Yorkshire Post 28/10/08

Hull City star in Leeds United link

By Richard Sutcliffe

DEAN WINDASS will consider joining Leeds United if his first team prospects at Hull City do not improve.


The 39-year-old striker, who was last week the subject of an enquiry from Bradford City, has been a frustrated spectator during City's storming start to life in the top flight. 

His action on the pitch in the Premier League has been restricted to just 31 minutes as a substitute against Wigan in August and on Monday he was part of a City fringe team that took on Leeds in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Thorp Arch. 

Windass has revealed he spoke to Gary McAllister both before and after the game and while 
it is in unclear what was discussed, Windass has confessed a move to Leeds would be attractive.

He said: "I am still desperate to play and I turned out in a friendly on Monday and scored a goal. One of those watching was Leeds manager Gary McAllister who I spoke to both before and after the game.

"I want to make it clear that my priority is still to get back in the Hull team, but if Phil Brown tells me I can go, Leeds would definitely be a club I'd consider joining.

"I have known Gary for a long time and respect him both as a footballer and for the job he is doing at Elland Road.

"Bradford also made an enquiry about me last week, but I think they couldn't afford to pay Hull's wages.

"So I am still here and still battling for my place which is what I have always said I will do until told otherwise."

Windass's contract at the KC Stadium runs until the end of the season.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23