'I know' - Charlie Cresswell on Leeds United's Championship return, strong vow and personal aim - YEP 28/7/23


Charlie Cresswell has made a Leeds United vow ahead of the new season and declared his immediate personal aim upon a very positive fitness update.

By Lee Sobot

Twenty-year-old centre-back Cresswell spent last season on loan at Millwall but the England under-21s international has returned to recently relegated Leeds this summer and says his immediate target is to make Daniel Farke’s XI for the Championship opener at home to Cardiff City.

Ahead of a 46-game marathon, Cresswell says last season’s spell with the Lions has left him fully aware of what a year competing in the country’s second tier requires and vowed that he is fit, ready and raring to go ahead of the new campaign.

"I've already had a year in the Champ so I know what the league is about,” said Cresswell to LUTV ahead of last night’s 2-0 win against pre-season opponents Nottingham Forest.

"Hopefully I can bring that experience to the squad and really push on this season. Me, personally, I feel fit, healthy and the squad feels fit and healthy as well. It's a strong squad.

"There's a lot of places up for grabs and each and every one of us will be fighting for that start come Cardiff. But individually it's just about me doing what I can and seeing if I can make that team next Sunday."

Reflecting on his own pre-season, to which the centre-back returned as an under-21s European champion following his England exploits, Cresswell said: "It's been good. Coming back from the Euros, it's been a bit intense. I haven't had much time off. But I am here and I am ready to go because it is going to be a long season. I know what the Championship is like so I'm raring to go, I'm ready to go.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23