Leeds United: It’s a dream to play in England with Leeds: Cani

Yorkshire Evening Post 9/2/15
by Leon Wobschall
NEW Leeds United striker Edgar Cani says that he has fulfilled one of his footballing dreams by playing in England for the Whites.
The 6ft 4in targetman, who made his debut as a late substitute in the weekend home defeat to Brentford, is hoping to endear himself with Whites supporters in the coming weeks and months - and is itching to be involved in the Championship clash at Reading.
Signed initially on loan for the rest of the season from Serie B side Catania, the Albanian international has revealed his hopes of making a positive impression in his quest to secure a long-term contract at Elland Road.
On his debut and his quest to earn himself an extended contract at Leeds, Cani, 25, said: “I love to play here and the feeling you get here is special and I hope to stay here a long time.
“I think my characteristics will allow me to play here.
“It is a very nice stadium with a lot of fans and it was a really nice feeling (on Saturday).
“It is something special to play for Leeds United. I have heard a lot of things about Leeds and it was the thing I was expecting.
“The fans were very funny also when the referee did not whistle for us and when he gave us a foul, it was like a goal!
“I was very happy to come in, although not for the score.”
Cani revealed that he spoke with several members of Leeds’ Italian contingent, once he became aware of the Whites’ interest at the start of January.
To a man, they all told him to make the move to Leeds, with he and his family delighted that he has sealed a move to West Yorkshire.
He added: “I know Bellusci, Doukara and Silvestri from playing together (at Catania) and I also played against the other ones.
“When I heard Leeds wanted me, I spoke with them and they said: ‘just come.’
“They told me it is a difficult league, but you have to make the best of it.
“The coach wants to see me doing my best in training and I hope to come in and play.
“My family are very happy, because this was one of my dreams; to play in England.
“Now they are very happy and me too.”

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23