Young striker Robbie McDaid sets high target as he talks about joining Leeds United

leedsunited.com 16/7/14
Young United striker Robbie McDaid has set himself high targets as his career at the club begins.
The 17-year-old signed a two-year contract with the club in March this year and admits that following his arrival from Northern Ireland side Glenavon he is here to work hard to improve himself as a player.
“I’m not going to go to a club and pretend to be something that I’m not,” said the youngster. “What you see is what you get with me.
“I think the club liked my style of play. I am an old fashioned centre forward. I’m physical and I think that suits the English game,
“The step up is massive. In my opinion English teams are the best in the world.
“It is now just a matter of working hard. You have to work hard and you have to be disciplined. You have to live it everyday and you have to want it everyday.
“I want to be here and I want to work hard. I want to progress.”
Robbie has been part of the Under-21s pre-season schedule and has played against Grimsby Borough and Harrogate Town in recent weeks. But the striker’s overall aim is to prove his worth in the Development Squad before making the step up to United’s first team, and he admits he wants to help take the club back to the Premier League.
“My aim right away is to cement my position in the Under-21s by Christmas and then I want to progress,” explained McDaid. “I will work hard and I will get better as a player every single day.
“I’m not coming here for a two year holiday, I am here to work. I want to play for the Leeds Untied first team.
“I want to progress as a player, I want to improve as a player and I want to take Leeds to the Premiership to be honest.”
United will travel to the striker’s old club Glenavon on Wednesday July 30 (7.45pm) as part of the club’s pre-season schedule.

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23