Brian McDermott turns to Vinnie Jones in an attempt to motivate his struggling side

Daily Star 22/3/14
VINNIE JONES is back at Leeds today to deliver the team-talk.
By Tim Gray
Leeds have shipped 11 goals in three matches and badly need some of former midfielder Jones' renowned steel to rub off on them against struggling Millwall at Elland Road today.
The former midfield bad boy, turned Hollywood actor, spent 15 months at Elland Road and helped them win the old Second Division title under Howard Wilkinson in 1990.
Boss Brian McDermott said: "Vinnie is going to come into the dressing room. I will let him say a few words to the players, absolutely. "I might even let him play!"
But Millwall are desperate for the points after dropping into the Championship bottom three.
Lions defender Shane Lowry, who had a loan spell at Leeds in 2010, said: "I was only there for three months and it didn't really go too well. I probably didn't perform as well as I know I can.
"I am looking forward to going back. They have had a few defeats and a takeover. If we can keep a clean sheet, I will be delighted. But we have to try and win."

Popular posts from this blog

Leeds United handed boost as ‘genuinely class’ star confirms his commitment to the club - YEP 4/8/23

Leeds United in ‘final stages’ of £10m deal for Premier League defender as Jack Harrison exit looms - YEP 13/8/23

Wilfried Gnonto latest as talks ongoing between Everton and Leeds despite £38m+ claims - Goodison News 1/9/23